Amazon Prime on Kodi
Name: Amazon Prime
Description: It is always a wonderful feeling when you get to receive extra and unique services, different from what everyone else is getting, especially when it is from the same service provider. The feeling you get when receiving such services resonates with the feeling you get when using Amazon Prime on Kodi. Amazon Prime offers you an opportunity to access Amazon services that would instead cost a typical Amazon user some extra coins or would be unavailable all the same.
Offer price: Free
Operating System: Android
Application Category: Software
– Download videos to watch offline – anywhere, anytime. – Cast from your phone or tablet to the big screen with Chromecast. – With X-Ray, view IMDb data about the actors, songs, and trivia related to videos as you watch. – With Prime Video Channels, Prime members can subscribe to more than 150 premium and specialty channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Cinemax. Only pay for the channels you want, no cable required, cancel anytime (not available in all countries/regions).
The services you might get at Amazon Prime would include music streaming, free two-day delivery and video streaming, among other services. Kodi, on the other hand, comes in to help in the video and audio streaming services offered at Amazon Prime since it is an ideal platform for videos and runs on almost any operating system available out there.
Product Description of Amazon Prime App:
Amazon Prime Video.
Amazon Prime Video is a well-known feature of the Amazon Prime subscription, probably because it ranks next to the industry’s long-serving Apps like Netflix. You get to enjoy one of the most significant movies and TV shows services after parting with some yearly or monthly fee which you pay to become an Amazon Prime subscriber.
Thanks to Kodi, you can access Amazon Prime video library of shows and movies in almost all the devices available, including Android devices, iOS devices, Windows, Linux and Raspberry Pi. Apart from video streaming services, you can also rent or buy movies and TV episodes that are not necessarily included with Prime Video.
The categories of movies and TV shows inherent in Amazon Prime video are inexhaustible. You get to view movies from the romantic niche, action movies, drama, and comedy to timeless classic niches, among others. In addition to these, Amazon original movies and Original Prime series are also included for you in this package.
Amazon Original Movies.
These are movies produced by Amazon Studios. They are a lineup of exclusive movies that are presented to Prime Videos after they are released in theatres. The types of movies in this category that you would expect to meet include the Academy award winners “Manchester by the Sea” and the “Salesman”.
Other movies in this category include: ‘The Dress Maker’, ‘The Big Sick’, ‘Paterson’, ‘The Lost City of Z’, ‘Human Flow’, ‘Landline’ and ‘The Wall’.
The Prime originals include several movies that have received generally good reviews from several critics and award-winning original programming assorted just for you. Movies like, ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’, ‘The Grand Tour’ and ‘Transparent’, would top your movies list in this category. At Prime Originals, kids are not forgotten as they have to choose for themselves movies like the ‘Tumble Leaf’, ‘Just Add Magic’ and many others.
This is not the full list of movies and series you could lay your hands on at Amazon Prime Videos. You can always look out for all the Prime Originals and Amazon Original Movies early in advance to enlighten you on what to look for at Amazon Prime Videos.
Amazon Prime Music.
If you fall in love with the therapeutic effects of music, then Amazon Prime Music is the best place for you to settle in. With over two million songs and more than 2,000 playlists and stations to choose from, you can never run out of music to listen to. What’s more, you get to enjoy an ad-free experience while listening to music as well as unlimited skips and offline playback.
The playlist includes almost everything as you can listen to playlists on cooking, gaming, relaxing, working, working out and dinner parties, among others. You do not only get to create your playlist at Amazon Prime, but you also get great playlists for any activity, mood or particular occasion form Amazon music experts.
You might love to download some of the songs you get at Amazon Prime Music so that you may listen to them offline. You can download as many songs as you wish from the site and save them to your phone or any other device for offline use.
Features of Amazon Prime App:
The Amazon Prime on Kodi might have started just as a simple extra service to subscribers but has evolved over the years to pose a significant challenge to industry leaders like Netflix. But what is it that makes Amazon Prime a force to reckon with? Let’s have a look.
Download Videos to view on the go.
In 2015, Amazon Prime Video surprised other streaming giants when it became the first to introduce the ‘video download’ option in its user interface. So when you are en route to your dream vacation destination and are worried what you will be doing for all that time in the plane without Wi-Fi access, then you have nothing to worry about with Amazon Prime in the vicinity.
To download your favourite movie or series, click on the download button next to what you want to download and give it some minutes to finish and you will be good to go.
Share Prime Membership with others.
At Amazon Prime, it is all about caring and sharing. You can now share your premium benefits with an adult and four teens. You can also share access to Amazon Video features in multiple devices. This sharing feature sets Amazon Prime ahead of its competitors since the sharing offer the others give are yet to catch up with what Amazon is giving.
Sharing your Amazon Prime benefits and Prime Video access involves setting up an Amazon Household and then selecting “Add an Adult” in the “Set up your Household now” icon.
View Videos and Listen to Audios without Ad interference.
While you view and listen to some of your favourite movie series and music playlists respectively, the last thing you would expect is incessant Ad interference. At Amazon, Prime Ads have well been taken care of, and you can have a seamless watching and music-listening session with no worries.
Cheaper offers at Amazon Prime for students.
There is good news for you if you are enrolled as a student in a college or university and you require Amazon Prime services. All you need to do is to get valid.EDU email address and register as part of the prime student program and enjoy a six-month free trial for Amazon Prime. You also get to enjoy 50 per cent off on the membership subscription fee as soon as the free trial period expires.
Limit Children Access with Parental Control.
Get your children off the romance and some bloody action movies by setting parental control. The parental control gives you a five-digit PIN with which you can access the restricted programs. You can also stop anyone without the PIN from making any unauthorized purchases.
In the initial release, Amazon Prime on Kodi was only available in the UK, USA, Germany and a few others. However, you can now access the add-on wherever you are any time you wish to. All you need is a Kodi supported device (the iOS, Android, Linux and Windows devices) in which you can download and install the app, and you are set to go.
How to Install Amazon Prime on Kodi.
Installing Amazon prime on Kodi should not be a daunting task as it involves a straightforward guide with easy to follow steps. Here is how to go about it.
- First, start by downloading the repository file by clicking on this link on your website.
- Launch the Kodi media player and tap on the Add-ons option available on the home page.
- Go to the top left corner of your screen and click on the installer icon situated there.
- Select “Install from zip file” to kick off installation from zip file.
- Go to your downloads list and search for the zip file that you had earlier downloaded and locate it.
- Wait for an addon enabled notification that will pop up from the top right corner of your screen.
- Once the notification arrives, click on the “Install from the Repository” option.
- Upon opening, you will see XLordKX Repository, click on it.
- Tap on the “Video Addons” option and select Amazon Prime Instant Video then click on “Install”.
- Again you will have to wait for the Addon installation confirmation message that will appear at the top right corner of your screen. The message should read: “Amazon Prime Instant Video installed successfully”.
- Get back to the homepage and open Prime video by navigating to Addons then to Video Addons and finally Amazon Prime Kodi.
- Log in to your Prime Video account and start enjoying the vast number of movies and TV shows.
How to Use Amazon Prime on Kodi.
There are a lot of things you could do at Amazon Prime on Kodi, how to do them might be a challenge sometimes though. For that reason, let’s have a look at how you could go by carrying out some of the tasks at Amazon Prime.
How to watch content at Amazon Prime on Kodi.
- Open the Kodi App.
- Proceed to Video Addons.
- Check for Amazon Prime Instant that you had already downloaded before and click on it.
- Go through the available movies and series and stream your preferred video choices.
How to watch your favourite Amazon prime video content using Addons.
Once installed, you will access your Addons from the Video Addons section, or you can follow the following simple steps to get access to your Addons.
- If you are away from the Kodi home screen, get back there by pressing the back button repeatedly.
- Once at the home screen, click on the Addons situated on the left side of the screen.
- A new page will open, click on the “Video Addons” icon on the left side of your screen and the video streaming Addons will appear on the right side of the screen including Amazon prime Video. You could still stick around without clicking the icon, and all your video streaming Addons will appear on the right.
Your Addons will now be ready for use. Let’s have a look at how you can use them to watch Amazon Prime Videos.
- Click once on the Amazon Video Prime Addon icon to open it.
- Once you click it to open, you will see a list of the categories in which various titles have been arranged.
- Click on a category to unveil the list of titles or subcategories inherent in the category. The result varies across Addons but if you clicked the “My Movies” category, you might have subcategories such as people, languages, genres, year and certificates among others.
- You might encounter more subcategories within a subcategory and on and on until you find a list of the titles where you will select the title you want to play and click on it.
- Amazon Prime Video will then scrap various servers and fetch you the streaming links.
- Click on the link to start streaming your favourite videos.
Benefits of using Amazon Prime on Kodi:
Using Amazon on Kodi gives you a whole lot of benefits, ones that you rarely get elsewhere. Here are some of the benefits.
- Watching Amazon Prime videos on Kodi gives you a comfortable time since you do not have to worry about which devices you will have to use. Any operating system out there supports the Kodi App.
- Stream live to TV shows and selected movies and also download some for offline viewing at the least data usage since Kodi has data settings that help you save on data usage.
- At Amazon Prime, you also get the chance to store pictures on cloud storage for photos. You simply get to upload photos from your tablet or phone to your Amazon drive.
- Get the chance to share the benefits you receive at Amazon with your closest adult friend and up to four teens of the age bracket 13-17 years. This allows teens to create their profiles to do shopping and streaming.
- Unlimited music is another benefit we can’t go without mentioning. You get to access over two million songs from a vast number of artists.
Alternatives for Kodi Amazon Prime videos:
It is one of the most popular Addon platforms you can use to watch movies on at Kodi. It brags of some of the latest TV shows, web series, movies and more. To watch, you just install the Netflix Addon on Kodi following the simple installation steps and get started on the streaming journey.
Netflix also offers some of its original series and movies which you get access to immediately you are done with the installation on Kodi. Netflix and Kodi give an ideal combination of accessing the world’s latest and excellent movies; in the end, what you get is limitless entertainment.
However, Netflix might be a little more costly compared to Amazon Prime videos and other players.
YouTube is another excellent Addon feature on Kodi that needs no introduction to you. The limitless number of videos, series and TV shows available at YouTube makes it one of the most admired and preferred Addon at Kodi. You can stream anything viewable and even leave your comments to let the owners know how you feel about their videos for improvements. Being an official Kodi Addon, you can download it directly from the Kodi repository. Installing YouTube on Kodi would take you a few minutes as it is a natural process.
Using YouTube on Kodi might prove challenging at times; for example, when you need to download a movie for the later view, you might not be able to due to restriction from video owners.
Hulu is a platform in which content providers have restricted access to their videos, movies and other services so that you will need a VPN to stream on Kodi via Hulu. It prides itself on highly-rated content movies, series and TV programs.
The main disadvantage of using Hulu is the fact that it has a geo-restricted platform hence limiting seamless access to videos.
It is well praised for not demanding any extra cost while streaming and TV shows. It is described as a perfect replacement for Amazon Prime Video on Kodi. Movies on Popcornflix are categorized by genre at Kodi, which makes it very easy for you to use. Popcornflix is an official Kodi Addon, and therefore you can install it from Kodi Addon repository.
Its usage is mostly seamless in the US, and if you are outside the US, then you have to apply the services of VPN due to geo-restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How do I get started in Prime Video?
Well, it is a natural process to get yourself up and running on Amazon Prime Video. First, check that you have logged in to your premium Amazon account and that your subscription has not expired.
Go to Prime video and search for the videos you want to watch. Finding these videos would demand you look for Prime titles from the “Prime Video” or “Included with Prime” categories. On the Prime titles, you will also see the “Watch Now with Amazon Prime” option click on it and start enjoying your videos.
How do I access Amazon Prime Video from my device?
By using Kodi media player, you can stream unlimited movies and TV episodes from the Prime Video App. You achieve this from any device you are using by downloading the Prime Video App or merely opening it if you already downloaded it. You then proceed to register the device you are using by tapping on “Sign in and start watching” to login from your device and start streaming.
What are original movies at Amazon Prime?
These are movies brought to you by Amazon Studios. They include a lineup of exclusive videos which come to Prime immediately they are released from the theatre. The movies include:
- Manchester by the Sea.
- The Salesman.
- The Big Sick.
- The Dress Maker.
- The Wall.
- The Lost City of Z.
The list is endless; you could check on other movies in this category here.
You have come a long way to learn a lot about Amazon Prime on Kodi. It is without a doubt that this is an impressive combination of two great apps to give seamless and unmatchable experience, especially on live video and music streaming. Getting extra services from Amazon has never been this enjoyable and easier. Get your apps today and start enjoying what thousands of Amazon Prime subscribers have been experiencing.