Audible For Mac
Description: Audible for mac is the latest alternative for Audible lovers and with it, you can now access a wide array of your favorite books all from the comfort of your mac computer. With the free and easy download process, you will be set to go within a few minutes of installation. Audible allows you to procure books for a whole month with audible credits that you receive after becoming a member. With a lot more benefits in its basket, audible remains the best audiobook reading platform for mac users.
Offer price: Free
Operating System: Mac
Application Category: Software
- It is very easy to install the app.
- Users get to enjoy one credit per month purchase.
- There is a 30% off any additional purchase.
- It comes with an easy book exchange feature.
- It incorporates diverse languages.
- There are no ads in the Audible app.
- Easy and free to download
- It comes with a wide array of books
- It incorporates multiple main languages hence no fear of being left out.
- A wide variety of books.
- High audio qualities.
- The interface does need much more catchy developments.
- It needs to be linked to iTunes to be able to listen to the audiobooks.
- You can’t purchase additional audible connects before the month-end.
Features Of Audible App:
Audible for mac promises you several good features and benefits that you would love to enjoy. Having an app that allows you to gain unlimited access to a large number of books with a limited amount of money is one thing to desire. Let’s have a look.
Easy to install.
Audible has a very easy installation process for your mac computer. By simply clicking on the Mac Appstore on your computer and searching for ‘Audible’ you are good to go.
One credit per month purchase.
After paying your monthly subscription you get one credit a month that you can use to purchase and download any audiobook for later use. This applies if you opt for the gold monthly plan, but for a year you would have to part with $149.50 and get 12 credits in return for the 12 months.
30% off any additional purchase.
If you choose not to use credits, then you can purchase additional audiobooks at a discount of 30% off the regular price on Audible.com During select promotions though, even bigger discounts may be applied and all these are only available to you after you become an Audible member.
Whenever you complete a purchase of any book at Audible and you feel dissatisfied, you can return or exchange it easily as long as it is within 365 days of the original purchase.
Being a global app, the Audible incorporates different languages to best fit its users. If you are multilingual then it is even more advantageous for you. You can switch your language preferences as many times as you would wish to by just updating your default language through your device’s settings menu.
There are no interruptions caused by advertisement pop-ups coming in now and again as audible comes without ads for your uninterrupted reading.
Audible App For Mac:
Audible now supports the Mac operating system, a great breakthrough for mac users.
How to install Audible App:
- Click on the Mac Appstore on your computer.
- Search for Audible app from the store and narrow down to ‘Audiobooks from Audible‘.
- Complete the process by downloading it and finish the installation.
How to use Audible App:
- Open the Audible app on your mac computer.
- Go to the library on the Audible page.
- Click on the ‘Download’ situated on the right side of the Audiobook you want to download.
Your book is ready to read. But you have to link the audible account to iTunes to be able to listen to the book.
Here’s how to link Audible to iTunes:
- Go to your library on the Audible desktop site.
- Click on ‘Download’ next to an audiobook.
- Click ‘Yes’ on a pop-up you’ll receive asking you to authorize your computer.
- Fill in your Audible sign-in information.
- Click on a blue link on audible asking you to complete your activation.
Alternative of the Audible for Windows/Mac:
It is a wonderful app for readers as it allows students and members of supported libraries to download their favorite audiobooks for free. OverDrive hosts over 30,000 libraries worldwide on its platform for easier book lending to the members of the respective libraries.
You can take advantage of this app by registering with any library in their system, school or any institution then sign up, get approved and enjoy audiobooks that are on offer. Download here.
- Ability to suggest the books you would love to listen to.
- You can create a wish list for all your books.
- Operates on mac and other operating systems.
- Free access to student members and other institutions registered with Overdrive.
- Supports over 30,000 libraries.
- Ability to create a wishlist of all the books.
- Automatic return of titles.
- Its audiobook library is not that extensive.
- Popular books on the platform have a longer waiting period.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs):
Can I download my audiobook on a mac?
Yes, by simply going to the library page on the Audible desktop site and then clicking the ‘Download’ to the right of the audiobook you wish to download.
How can one listen to Audible audiobooks?
Using the android, iOS, Mac or Windows operating systems you can freely download Audible and listen to all the books you need.
How does Audible membership works?
Audible membership attracts exclusive membership benefits which include monthly or annual credits that are good to purchase anything on Audible. A thirty percent discount on purchase is guaranteed to the member who opts for additional purchase. Membership with Audible also assures you of having daily deals, easy audiobooks exchange, and complimentary digital newspaper subscriptions.
These plans are renewable monthly or annually depending on the plan you choose. At the onset of your membership, you get a 30-days free trial period, a free audiobook of your preference and two free Audible originals.
Can I put my Audible membership on hold?
Yes, it is possible and easy to do so. You can place your account on hold once every 12 months. The hold can last from a period of one to three months maximum. For example, if you put your account on hold starting first June of year ‘A’ when your plan restarts on the 1st of July of the same year, you cannot put your account on another hold until the next year, year ‘B’ in the same month you put it on hold in year A.
There is now no excuse for not reading that favorite novel you badly wanted to read on your Mac computer since direct accessibility is now a reality. Even though Audible has a few imperfections, it still stands out as the best app. Audible for mac is a great improvement and customer-centered move. You are just an order away from getting this amazing experience. Pick your order today and start enjoying Audible the mac way.