Description: PowerShell is Command-line shell which used to automate the functions using scripts written in C# from Microsoft. It aids the administrators and IT professionals to control the system through the command line and manage the tasks in the Operating system (Linux, Windows, macOS). Many command-line tools have no consistent interface but, in the PowerShell, consistency is the basic thing. It provides a consistent interface that helps the users to manage the complex tasks. In short, PowerShell is an easy way to manage tasks in operating systems and it is more secure than the other scripting languages. The framework of PowerShell is developed on the .NET later it is developed on .NET core.
Offer price: Free
Operating System: Windows, Mac, Linux
Application Category: Tools
User Review( vote)
PowerShell is a task-based command-line shell and scripting language built on . NET. PowerShell helps system administrators and power-users rapidly automate tasks that manage operating systems (Linux, macOS, and Windows) and processes. PowerShell commands let you manage computers from the command line.
Features of PowerShell:
1. Open source:
The power shell is open source which allows the developer to understand its working and explore it.
Managing complex tasks is a great headache. Most of the command-line tools and scripting components aren’t popular due to its consistency. One can learn how to sort the output using the sort command in PowerShell command.
3. Interactive shell:
PowerShell provides an interactive shell that provides access to the command-line and scripting. While others command line doesn’t provide the interactive shell.
PowerShell provides an easy transition between the command-line and scripting. One can easily copy the command and use it in scripting.
Install PowerShell on the macOS:
PowerShell supports macOS 10.12 or higher. To install the PowerShell on your macOS follow the following steps.
- First of all, install the package manager for macOS.
- If the homebrew is not available, then install it first.
- Open the command prompt in macOS write the following command “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HomeBrew/install/master /install)” this will install the PowerShell from the GitHub.
- Now enter return.
- Enter the password.
- Install the cask after brew installation write the command as follow brew tap caskroom/cask.
- To install the PowerShell using the command brew cask install powershell.
- Enter the password.
- Now the PowerShell is installed on your macOS.To check the PowerShell is working or not write the command pwsh.
Run PowerShell Scripts from Command line:
- To run the PowerShell is not a tough work. Just follow the following steps to use the PowerShell.
- Open the Terminal.
- Type powershell command which will initiate the powershell and you will see the transition between the bash prompt to PowerShell prompt.
- Now use the various commands and play with PowerShell.
Commands in PowerShell:
Cmdlet always consists of the verb and a noun and contain hyphen between them. Some common things that are used are:
- Get to get something.
- Start to start something new.
- Out To get output
- Stop To stop something that is running.
Few examples are as follow
- Get-help: To get the help of PowerShell we use this command. For example, Get-Help Format-Table will show help about the format of the table.
- Get-Command: To get the list of cmdlets that are installed in your PC, we used this command.
- Get module: It will show the modules that are installed during the installation of PowerShell on your PC.
- Get Service: This command is used to get all the services that are in cmdlets.
How we write a Script and Run in PowerShell:
- The script is the combination of several command-lines. To write the script we have to follow the following steps which are as follows.
- Open the start.
- Search for a notepad.
- Write the required command to write in scripts or paste it.
- Click on the file and click on save as.
- Save the file with the extension .ps1
To Run Scripts:
- To run the saved scripts on PowerShell there is no hard and fast rule. You must follow the following steps.
- Open the Start.
- Search for PowerShell and click on the app.
- Type the command-line to run the scripts which are as follow “Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned”
- Type A and Enter Password.
- Give the path of the folder where you save the file.
You may like Bandcam Recorder for Mac.