Task Manager for mac
Name: Task Manager
Description: ask manager is a system monitor program that gives detailed information about the performance of a system, CPU load, displays running applications, systems, processes, etc. The app stops the frozen software forcibly. The app as a start-up manager controls the overall functioning and performance of the operating system and assists the users in the smart and efficient functioning of the system so that harmful software may not damage the system. This app in Mac comes with a different name but with the same features called Activity Monitor. This app for Windows was released on 24 August 1996.
Offer price: Free
Operating System: MacOS
Application Category: Utility and Tools
User Review( vote)
- The app displays all the software and process
- The app monitors network usage
- Statistics are real-time and are updated every second
- Some applications and processes running in the background
- Easy to use and manage according to the user’s needs
- Friendly user interface.
- Free up space in the disc.
- Fix troubleshoot problems.
- Warn about low memory.
- The app is overall excellent and has no significant cons, however:
- Terminating an app may lose unsaved data.
- Vulnerable to viruses.
- The virus attacks Activity monitors to escape users.
Main features of Task Manager:
The main features of Active Monitor are its functions that it performs through 5 tabs present at the top.
Mac performance through CPU storage can be assessed through this app. By clicking on the CPU tab, users can identify how processes are using the processor. Some apps consume too much CPU, depriving other apps of their share slowing the operating system.
RAM is responsible for the smooth functioning of the device, therefore RAM should be freed up of unwanted and heavy processes. Memory tab helps the users to detect how much memory is occupied and how much can be freed up.
Active Monitor enables users to know what apps consume more battery. The app improves the battery life of the device and users can switch to other apps and web browsers that take less power.
The disk tab displays the number of bytes read from and written to a hard drive. Through this feature, users can also detect https://appspart.com/lookout-for-pc-mac/malware and virus.
If Mac is connected to the internet, the users can track the amount of data sent and received by Mac. The data usage comes in the form of a graph. The network tab gives detailed information about network traffic.
How to download and use Activity Monitor?
The Activity monitor has made it easier for the users to detect unwanted activity going on in their Mac. The app performs complex functions but very easy to get and use. OS comes with a built-in Active Monitor, so users do not need to download it. To open the app there are three ways.
- Through Finder
- Click on the finder.
- Go to Application and then utilities.
- Click on Active monitor.
- Through Spotlight
- Press command-space bar to open Spotlight.
- Open Spotlight.
- Click on the Activity monitor.
- Through dock
- Click on finder and go to Application and then Utility.
- To pin Activity monitor, drag the icon on the dock.
- After, pinning, open Active monitor by clicking on the icon.
How to use it?
There are 5 tabs on the top named CPU, Memory, Energy, Disk and Network.
- To check CPU usage, click on the CPU tab.
- To monitor memory usage and each app storage, click on the Memory tab.
- To check the battery percentage consumed by each app, click on the Energy tab.
- To detect disc activity, click on the Disc tab.
- To troubleshoot network problems, tap the Network tab.
The Activity Monitor is the mac version of the Task manager with similar features and tasks. The Activity monitor is like a doctor who diognoses the ailment and writes a prescription. In the same way when some app is slowing the working of OS, or using more data or is a load to memory, it advises the users to take some step and resume the speed and functionality of the system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I quit all processes in Activity Monitor?
Yes, all the processes in Activity Monitor can be quit. Click on the apps you want to quit and then then click on Quit Process.
2. How do I scan my mac for malware?
To scan all the malware on your mac, download CleanMyMac X app. This app will makes your mac completely free of malware.
3. Do you need to download Task manager for mac?
No, the Task Manager for mac (activity Control) is already installed in your mac. You can run it directly.
Best alternatives to Activity Monitor:
iStat Menu features customized graphical style and allows the users to identify fault from the menubar. With improved clarity and legibility, it has more dropdown menus and menubar icons.
How to download:
To download a more advanced app, these steps are to be followed.
- Download the Zip archive.
- To unarchive, double click Zip file.
- The icon of the iStat Menu will appear.
- Double click the icon to run and install it.
2. CleanMyMac X:
CleanMyMac X is the monitoring app that clears all junk, unwanted files, malware, caches from every corner of the Mac in a matter of seconds.
How to download?
- Open the Mac store and download CleanMyMac .
- Click on the downloaded file and drag the icon to the Application folder.
BitBar is all in one app that protects Mac from unprotected, unwanted apps and files and keeps the functioning smooth and efficient. Moreover, CPU temperature can also be detected with this app.
How to download?
- Open the Mac store and download BitBar.
- Click on the file and drag the icon on the Application folder.
The Activity Monitor is the best app to check the performance of your mac. It provides information about all the on-going processes in your mac and assists in its smart and efficient functioning.