YouTube Vanced app for Android
Name: YouTube Vanced app
Description: YouTube Vanced app is a popular video platform that allows users to stream with some additional extra features. It is a YouTube client that allows you to listen to your videos as background play i.e when the screen of your phone turns off. In other words, you would be able to listen to music, videos and even listen to the podcast anytime or moment of the day.
Operating System: Android, Windows, Mac
Application Category: Entertainment
User Review( votes)
- Background play
- Blocking-all-ads feature
- Pinch to zoom on any device used
- Auto-Repeat play feature
- Desired speed and resolution feature
Initially, the YouTube Vanced app was named Injected YouTube Background playback before it was renamed to YouTube (Ad) Vanced. This was because the idea initially came from the Xposed Module for YouTube Video Playback and it had issues working with the Android Nougat.
So, this app was developed with all the lacking features of that module. These advanced features are the features that even the official YouTube app does not offer for example PiP (Picture in Picture) mode which allows you to continue playing your video even when you are using another app entirely or your screen is locked.
Although this works for Oreo only it is an advanced feature unavailable on the official regular app.
YouTube Vanced app allows you to minimize your screen and still play your favorites in your background. You would be able to play your music without actually playing the video on your screen like the official app. With the help of the YouTube Vanced app minimize, you would be able to listen in the background.
When you minimize on your phone or tablet, a little icon might appear on the side or anywhere else on your screen for easy access to movement between apps or simultaneous use of multiple apps.
Discover New Music
YouTube Vanced app would suggest new music and playlist that would most likely suit your musical tastes or if you are not comfortable you can just create your own playlist. You would have access to the latest playlists, albums, charts and even artist pages.
The app allows you to search for your favorite songs amidst millions of songs on YouTube and discover new music through suggestions.
My Music Feature
Just like the official YouTube app, YouTube Vanced App allows you to subscribe to channels, artists, genres, save finished and create your own playlist. This way, you would be able to keep up with your favorites and create your own music fusion through the playlists you have created.
Sometimes, you could discover already-made playlists that might match your music taste that has been made by some other people with similar interests.
When you might have a low battery and you are still trying to use the app, it comes with an in-built energy-saving mode that allows the app to work using the lowest possible battery life. Once you click on the lock in the video player, it will reduce the brightness of your screen thereby consuming very low power.
This way, you save up on using excess battery power and elongate your battery life. Even when you have your screen locked, you can still continue watching the video or listening to music.
The search feature allows you to easily find your favorite songs from millions of songs and videos on YouTube. If you do not find what you are looking for, you would be provided with playlists, albums, and artists similar to what you are looking for.
So, you might just end up finding something much more interesting than what you were initially looking for.
Customize your own theme
YouTube Vanced would allow you to customize your own interface how you like it best. You could either choose the color theme, white theme or dark theme depending on your reference and your own idea of comfort.
It has been said that the white/dark theme is the most appealing to the eyes but based on preference, you can select other colors as well.
Speed and Video Resolution
This feature allows you to adjust the speed and fast or as slow as you want it. This feature is not available when using the the official YouTube app. The video resolution has to do with the quality and weight of the video.
Depending on your internet connection, you can select the most appropriate resolution that works best with your device too.
What’s new on the latest version?
First of all, you should know that YouTube Vanced app is not the premium version of YouTube, it is another app entirely providing almost the same service on YouTube. Here are the new features in the latest version;
- The background playback is a new feature
- The ad blocker which tackles all time-wasting ads
- Pinch to zoom on Smartphone and touch screen devices
- Picture in Picture(PiP) mode exclusive to Android Oreo
- Customizable Themes
- Auto-Repeat playback feature
- Desired Speed and Resolution
- Brightness and Volume control with swipes
- Old or New windows styles available for whichever is comfortable.
- Bug fixes and some other adjustments
How to download and install (for android)
For you to download the YouTube Vanced app to your phone, you do not need to root your phone like the other devices you only need to go to the official YouTube Vanced app website to be safe.
- First of all, download and install a tool called MicroG. This app allows the playing-in-background feature to work efficiently. You could download the version 0.2.4-105 and if you have issues downloading that, you could download an older version as it would work effectively as well. Download it from the MicroG downloads still on the official Vanced website.
- Once you have installed MicroG, download your most desired theme of the YouTube Vanced app you would want b scrolling down the same page you downloaded the MicroG from and select from the non-root downloads section. Personally, I would recommend for you to download the White/Dark 13.43.50 because it is suitable for most android phones and it is stable, unlike some others.
- When you download it, install and grant permissions to work on your device and you’re done! You now have the coolest YouTube app EVER!
How to use
Using the YouTube Vanced app on your phone is very simple. Because of the easy to use interface, you would be able to find your way around the app but here is how to use the background play feature on your phone;
- When you have download the YouTube Vanced app, open it and sign in using your Gmail account just like your usual YouTube.
- You would see your videos and playlists, click on any you would like to play. Press the home button, this would exit the app and provide you with a floating mini player window. Click on it and press the headphone icon and it would play in the background.
- Now you would be able to switch between the app and still listen to your music or songs
How to download install for PC and Mac
It is very easy to download to your pc.
- You could just type “download YouTube Vanced for pc and mac” in the Google search box. Be sure to have a very reliable antivirus service provider installed on your device because I personally have not scanned the latest pc version (version 13.12.60) for viruses and malware.
- For non-rooted devices, you should just make sure to download the suitable APK file for your PC from the Non-root downloads page. Make sure to install and grant permissions when necessary. Just like when downloading on android, you have to download the MicroG package as well so you would be able to log in with your Gmail account.
- If perhaps your device is rooted or you are using the Magisk Module, you would need to have a custom recovery. I would recommend TWRP for a flashing installer then you can follow the installation steps on the YouTube Vanced website easily.
YouTube Vanced App for iPhone
Unfortunately, the YouTube Vanced app does not have an iOS version yet. So, it can only be used on PC and on an android phone for now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to use YouTube Vanced app?
It is totally safe to see YouTube Vanced app. The only problem is with when you are downloading the App. Be sure to download from a safe website and also, be sure to have a legit anti-virus installed.
Is it possible to download videos with YouTube Vanced?
It is not exactly possible. However, you can play videos as many times as you want. YouTube Vanced has to follow the strict rules of YouTube which do not include the downloading of videos being made possible.
Is YouTube Vanced App Open Source?
YouTube Vanced is only a modded version of the official YouTube app so it is not open source. But, MicroG is an open-source implementation of Google Play.
Is it Legal to use YouTube Vanced?
Although it is against the terms and services to modify or edit the official YouTube website or app, it is not illegal to use YouTube Vanced.
Personally, I have not found a complete alternative that works exactly like the YouTube Vanced app. The following have certain qualities in common with YouTube Vanced so they can be used instead.
This alternative is similar to YouTube Vanced as it uses the content on YouTube to provide the information you need. You can use this app without having to download or install google play services.
You don’t need to have a YouTube account as well to use this app. It enjoys features like search, video player, download videos feature, download audio-only, age-restriction, etc.
This app is also a free alternative to the YouTube Vanced app. This is an android app but you can work it on your pc as well. Just like New Pipe, you don’t need to create an account before you can use it.
It provides some amazing features like Video blocker, AD blocker, innovative design and many more. It is an open-source app as well.
It is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac. So you can use it on all these devices. The features include Adblocker, Theme customization, Export, and Import Subscriptions and so on.
Mini Tube is basically a desktop version of YouTube. You just type the keyword in the search box and you would be provided with the endless video stream. You don’t need a flash player to use Mini Tube.
The mini tube creates a TV interface. On Linux, using the application is free and it is open source. There is also a free and commercial version for windows and Mac OS.
Although this app free, it is not Open source and it allows advertising. You cannot block adverts and this often wastes time. This app allows offline viewing to the SD card of the device, so automatically you can watch over and over again.
We all know YouTube is an amazing video sharing and learning platform but there are just some features we want usually that are not available. These are the features that YouTube Vanced app provides like background play, ad blocker, speed resolution and many more.
In my opinion, YouTube Vanced app is worth getting and exploring because it can be very annoying when we are trying to watch an urgent video on YouTube and all that it is playing is an advert that absolutely has nothing to do with what you want.
Because the YouTube Vanced app comes with an inbuilt ad blocker, you would be able to watch videos without being disturbed by ads.